Creating an online course can seem like an unimaginable task.
But if you found this blog, let me tell you you are ready.
Here is why I think you are ready.
You are an expert.
- So many people have this inferiority complex when it comes to defining themselves as an expert. Guess what? You don’t have to have a PHD or 20 years of experience in a topic to be an expert. I tell everyone, think of the you 5 years ago. What do you wish you had known, what do you wish you had avoided? What do you wish you would have done sooner? That is your target audience and that is who you will market to and who will appreciate your knowledge. They will not only appreciate but they will PAY for it.
People are always asking for your advice or your opinion whether it be people at your job, family or friends.
- A huge sign you have valuable, monetizable information is when you notice other people VALUE your information. It is not all in your head, some people won’t make moves without your input. Great for you as confirmation that it is time to monetize.
What you are selling does not have to be complicated.
- In fact, if it is not complicated to you that is a good sign. I have seen classes on watercolor, knitting to femininity and accounting, and of course MARKETING.
You want to reach the masses without burning out.
- You already have a service-based business or are a corporate executive and want to reach more people without having to dedicate more time to individual one on one time.
- Online courses allow you to:
- Service people who may not be able to afford your premium services.
- Increase the value of your premium services by giving access to your clients.
- Increase your speaking engagement rates by allowing access to attendees for a specific time after your course.
Need help creating your own course?
Check out my course Marketing Makes Cents!
or book a discovery call with me to speak with me directly!